Asset and Financial Investment Analysis Library
Table of Contents
- Asset and Financial Investment Analysis Library
This plugin enables comprehensive financial and asset analysis for Geodesignhub projects. It uses the Geodesignhub API to download data from your project and provide a series of controls to analyze and set potential uses of this asset, conduct financial Analysis and finally conduct a investment summary.
This module of the plugin deals with Financial Information associated with the diagram. It is focused on the capital investment associated with the diagram.
You can enter the following parameters for a project:
- Capital Expenditure / Initial investment needed to build the asset.
- Start year for the investment and the end year which is the time it will take to build the asset.
- Expected Annual Revenue once the asset has been built.
- Annual Operating expenditure to run the asset e.g. in employee salaries, fees, taxes etc.
- Annual SGA (Sales, General, and Administrative Expenses) associated with the asset.
- Expected cashflow growth generally inflation or you can set any percentage e.g. if you expect the prices to increase by 5%.
- Finally WACC is the rate at which you can get a loan for your investment, normally these are interest rates or a number higher than the current interest rate.
Using this part of the plugin, you can set specific characteristics of a diagram based on the intended use. Details such as people housed, total units and number of floors for a example for a residential diagram, as shown below.
In addition you can set a representative image and compute targetted population density. There are other asset types as well such as Tourism, Office, Retail etc. available as well. As we progress, we will continue to add additional asset classes.
After having set the asset class and the intended use of the diagram, this module can then compute the services requried for that asset to maintain
Investment Analysis Library
This is the third module of the plugin. Once you have set the asset details and the financial analysis set for a diagram, this module summarizes them and conducts builds a series of visualizations.
This module analyzes the location of the diagram over the boundary uploaded into Geodesignhub. A boundary is a simple polygon file that can be really any boundary: social, political, economic or administrative. Once the boundary is uploaded, the plugin computes the asset details over that boundary. This is useful to visualize how money flows in the design over time and space.
Investment over time per boundary, once the capital investment is set, you can then compute how the investment flows over different boundaries. Below is a chorpleth intensity map of investments demonstrating the across various boundaries. Also as a simple chart.
Once intervention strategy is finalized, all the asset details “rolled up” in one list with all the totals.
Finally the plugin splits the allocations proportionally across different boundaries so you can see how the distribution of jobs, visitors, population and services are split across the different boundaries.
Adding the plugin
The plugin can be added to your project using the Administration panel